Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy St. Patricks Day!


What a weekend, we had a blast celebrating the holiday. It’s not really a big deal here, and I even spoke to a few people who didn’t know about it. Luckily we know how to celebrate, as does the Irish bar downtown. It was a busy week last week so we deserved it. On Saturday we went to Old Biscuit Mill as usual and got amazing sangria, and then back at the flats we got a keg and played a bunch of drinking games, and taught some to our friends, and finished the night at Dubliners.
On Sunday we went to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and got a tour of the gardens. I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t listen to much of what the tour guide said, but he was funny, and the flowers were beautiful. There were so many different trees, flowers, and plants, along with some enormous spiders. It was the perfect day for it too, sunny and beautiful, as usual. Afterwards there was the concert that I mentioned last week. It was better than expected. Freshly Ground is such a good band, the lead singer has a beautiful voice, and the band was very talented and different. It was a great show and I’d Like, which is the song I posted and is my favorite, was even more incredible live, it gave me goosebumps.

Alicia and I before Freshly Ground


This week will be long, its known as Crunch week at UCT and I’ll be spending most of the time in the library. As much as I’d like to play at the beach all week I have two tests next week, a term project due before break, and a few assignments to catch up on. Unfortunately school comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment